Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Inspired by Mrs. Auvoirdupois

There is a blog that I recently stumbled upon which has an advice column called "Mrs. Auvoirdupois Explains It All".  The blog is the creation of one Hanne Blank, but the advice column is "authored" by an absolutely divine character named "Mrs. Auvoirdupois."  I love it like cake and for many of the same reasons: impeccable taste, incomparable ingredients, savory, delicious with a balanced richness and flavor that lingers for a good while afterwards provoking fond reminiscences. Oh yes, it is wonderful!

I highly recommend you check it out sometime, and that you return to it often after that.

In the meantime, however, I was inspired by that column to illustrate what I think"Mrs. Auvoirdupois" might look like. I've been sort of obsessed with her and I've been working on this piece for several days now.




Pee Ess - If any of you know Hanne Blank or know how to reach her, I would LOVE to send her a link to this illustraton along with an appropriately gushy fanboy letter. 

1 comment:

  1. Hanne's a friend - I stayed with her when I was at a conference recently. hanne@hanneblank.com should work.

    ReplyDelete