Monday, August 1, 2011

Coinín bán! White rabbit! Rabbit rabbit!

I have a lot of British friends, as it turns out, and one of the things that they've taught me is that it's good luck to say "White rabbit!" on the first day of a new month. Since my family is more on the Irish side of that configuration than the British, I've learned that "coinín bán" is the Irish equivalent. Some folks say that you have to say "rabbit, rabbit" on the first day of the month to get all of the luck directed at you. 


I've also drawn a white rabbit for today's drawing. 








I figure this way I've got all my bases covered. Bring on the lucky!! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a beautiful rabbit! Rabbit is one of my totem animals - we had pet rabbits for quite a while - and I can almost see this one's nose wiggling!

    ReplyDelete