Sunday, July 31, 2011

Adventures in Spaaaaace...

And also in speed drawing.
Today, just to change it up a bit, I decided to try out a bit of speed drawing using Corel Painter. I have recently manifested a tendency towards getting Very Serious during art making, and that place is the opposite of the playful learning and experimenting which is kind of vital to the process. It also takes all of the fun out of things, squashes innovation and in short, is the fastest way to dry up creativity that I've ever managed to figure out.
Thus, I am always annoyed to find that I'm back there again. Fortunately, I know how to get out of that mindset pretty quickly.
In order to drop kick the inner perfectionist right in the seat of the pants, I cracked out the Wacom tablet and decided to just play for awhile, just like you do in kindergarden when they pass around the crayon bucket.
This guy was the result of about 3 hours of "don't overthink it, just draw.." speed drawing. I rather like him. Soren says he looks like me.

Me in spaaaaaaaaaace. With blue hair and space pajamas on.

No comments:

Post a Comment