Tuesday, January 19, 2010

13 of 365


"Mabel was not about to let a little rain slow her down on market day.."


It's raining buckets here in California today and I was casting around for inspiration when I looked out my window and noticed that despite the rain, my little flock of goldfinches were happily chowing down at the thistle feeder hanging outside my studio window.
Somehow that sight got tied to my memories of my Grandma who'd just tuck her hair under a handkerchief on rainy days and go about her business regardless of what the weather was doing. She used to tell me "You ain't so sweet that you'll melt in a little rain storm.."

Hence, Mabel the Finch, getting her business taken care of.
I believe this is the first time I've ever attempted to render rain or an umbrella, at least as an adult. I'm kind of amused by that.

Micron pen and Copic Marker.

1 comment: