Thursday, January 7, 2010

And so it begins...

A couple of days ago one of the sites I followed featured the blog of Melanie Matthews, an incredibly talented illustrator from Australia who was challenging herself to draw a cartoon a day for 365 days.

Here's a link to her website, 365cartoons, which I highly recommend checking out.

I commented on her blog that I thought her idea was an awesome one and would she object to my taking up the challenge as well? She graciously stated that she wouldn't mind my doing so, and thus I had no further excuses to make about why I couldn't possibly undertake such a thing.

So today I begin a journey which will take a full year to complete. I will attempt to draw a cartoon (or illustration, depending upon your definition those two things can be different or the same or both at once) a day for 365 days.
The drawings will probably end up being done in a variety of mediums, on a variety of papers. I may end up coloring some of them, or not, depending upon my time constraints and mood at the time. They'll probably encompass a variety of themes as well, since we're dealing with the welter of randomness and nonsense that IS the inside of my cranium.
The one constant is that there will be no constants. Well, that and the fact that I'm going to have a lot of fun creating them.

So, without further ado...

Let the Draw'rings begin!

1 comment:

  1. Aww! I love her and her cat's expressions! And I'm excited about seeing what you're up to everyday! Yay!

    (It's me, Kit aka urban_quilter aka Diva Quilts - lol.)

    ReplyDelete